Experts say trivia can provide a dopamine rush, without the negative effects
- Crows often hold grudges against specific people.
Apparently, they can recognize faces, but we can’t tell the difference from one crow to another based on faces. Seems like an unfair advantage.
- Car manufacturer Volkswagen makes sausages.
A remote factory decided to make sausages in addition to cars because they wanted to make food for their village. Apparently, the sausage was so popular they started selling it commercially. No wonder my car smells like hotdogs!
- Honeybees can recognize human faces.
Bees can see faces in a series of 5000 mini images, much like looking at a person through a diamond or prism.
- Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don’t drift away from each other.
Mother otters do this with their pups (baby otters) but it is mainly to keep from floating away.
- Approximately 10-20% of US power outages are caused by squirrels
They are cute to look at but apparently they find power lines tasty, and as a result can create unappetizing problems
- Only 5% of the ocean has been explored.
70% of our planet is covered by water. Technology has been slow to map all of the ocean floor but soon we will be able to go to Atlantis for a vacation!